Tuna & Sweetcorn Burgers
Honestly, who doesn’t love a good burger? Especially when it’s topped with some flavourful bacon and cheese. It really is a classic staple. But sometimes it’s good to mix things up a little. So, we thought we’d share this recipe with you, for Tuna & Sweetcorn Burgers.
We know what you’re thinking, ‘There’s no point trying to beat the classic burger’. And we’d agree with you. But that isn’t what we are trying to do. This recipe is all about trying new things. Stepping out of your comfort zone a little.
Trust us, you will love how great these Tuna & Sweetcorn Burgers will taste. It won’t replace the classic. But it might before a regular addition to mealtimes at your holiday homes.
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 5 minutes
Serves – 4 people
85g white bread – Torn up into pieces
198g can sweetcorn – Drained
2 x 185g cans tuna in water
25g grated cheddar
3 scallions – finely chopped
1 egg – Beaten
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Salsa, to serve
1. Blend the torn-up bread in a food processor until you are left with crumbs – Tip into a bowl.
2. Then blend half of the sweetcorn until fine.
3. Add the fine corn and remaining whole corn into the bowl of breadcrumbs along with tuna, cheese, chopped scallions and season to your liking
4. Mix the contents of the bowl well
5. Add the beaten egg bit by bit, until the mixture is sticky (you may not need all the egg)
6. Shape four evenly sized burgers
7. Lightly oil both sides of the burgers, then cook for 5 minutes on each side until golden and hot through the middle.
8. Place on your favourites buns (wholemeal or brioche – it’s up to you) with your favourite lettuce and a dollop of salsa.
If you try this recipe for Tuna & Sweetcorn Burgers, let us know your thoughts.
And of course, we’d love to see photos of your delicious burgers as well.
We have more delicious recipes to share through the summer, so stay tuned.
Located in the seaside resort of Bundoran, Dartry View is a family-friendly holiday park. We take a look at why we love it so much.
Centrally located in the seaside village of Rossnowlagh, Bayview and Seaspray offer different holiday experiences. We look at why we love both holiday parks.